1. I have no idea what is going on beyond the borders of India since I'm not reading the New York Times online on a frequent basis. I usually read an Indian newspaper several times a week but my favorite section is "lifestyle" oriented. Basically, I have no idea what is going on in the U.S.
2. I've only called my mother twice, possibly three times since I hit the traveler's trail in August. I barely e-mail my friends. I know that I'll have to rebuild my old and new (Japan-related) friendships when I return to the U.S. next year.
3. I'm so absorbed in my travels or myself that it hasn't really registered that 2005 is almost up.
4. I've probably done too little souvenir shopping in my travels. I figure I'll make up for it in India and on my next stop.
5. Sometimes I wish I had planned an around the world trip to the beach destinations of the world. However, I wouldn't be growing if I sat on a beach for the last 4 months.
6. Even though I'm living my dream, right now I feel surrounded by confusion. However, Diva Diane, a Pune mate, believes confusion can come about when one has to deal with lots of choices. She also sees confusion as a precursor to transitions. I'm definitely living a life full of choices. And I have a huge transition to deal with once I return to the U.S. next year.
7. Writing- I won't even get into that topic.
8. I think I think way too much for my own good.
9. I have no idea how I'm going to go from world traveling backpacker to an American actually living in America.
10. I will be spending Thanksgiving & Christmas 2006 in the U.S.A.
11. I really miss Essence magazine and other publications featuring lots of Black people.